The DNA Banking Process
Follow these simple steps in order to bank DNA for yourself or a family member.
Order a free DNA Banking Kit.
- We can send the kit to your private address or to the facility where your family member is currently being cared for.
Complete the DNA Banking Agreement.
- A paper version will be included with the kit in the event you prefer one.
Arrange for a blood draw.
- Contact your health care provider to schedule the phlebotomy work and then take our kit with you. They will collect 10 mL of blood which is approximately 4 teaspoons.
- Contact us if you are having difficulty arranging for a blood draw. We may be able to help you find a phlebotomy service in your area.
Return the completed DNA Banking Kit.
- Make sure to include the blood sample and completed DNA Banking Agreement in our prepaid return mailer.